Monday, June 3, 2013

Improving is Perfection \\ June's Goals


I am 100% in love with little saying that pack a punch! So let me jump right on in, In the month of May I set some goals in my personal and business lives some were met with ease and others were dreams of a perfect world... haha who was I kidding with Cooking healthy every night? I think I nailed maybe 3 nights a week but it is still a work in progress... I have found a pinterest article on meal planing & printed my families weekly meal planner. I will reach this goal maybe just a little later than wanted.

Now in to June's goals Personal: 
My husband and I bought out first home in August 2010 which means we are coming up on our 3rd anniversary as home owners. Then why are the majority of our walls still empty? Why does this professional photographer not like the pictures or colors in her home? 
June is time to change that!

1. Hang my home photo arrangements. 
I have at least 3 main areas that I walk past every day and think of I want the photos like this, or I wan to use that wedding prop I have retired right here... So why haven't I? 

no more excuses time to hang!

2. Have new carpet installed downstairs.
Recently I have lost my youngest puppy to a car accident :o( It was very heart breaking for me and my sons.) But she was the worst about going outside to potty, and wouldn't you know it she picked the living room carpet as her pee spot. At least her mother picked the easy to clean sitting room wood floors when she was carrying her 6 BullShitz puppies. Now that she has passed I have decided to remove and replace the living room carpet with a new longer lasting and slightly darker carpet. 

3. Pick paint colors for upstairs bedrooms.
Cody has a yellow room, Julian has prince charming room, & I have a bare forest green room. Yuck on all accounts so its time to up grade the room colors to a more style fitting and grown up colors. 
Cody - Slate Gray & Gray ??
Julian - Blue & Blue ???
Master Room - Plum Grey & Off White ???? 

Home Depot here I come, for a few hours at least!

June goals in the Business world:

1. Blog more sessions
I have fallen into a terrible rut with not blogging my sessions right away when I finish editing a great session, then I loose interest in blogging the session in the first place. Lets be honest I am not a writer I'm an artist. But I want to change that!

2. Get out of the office more
Richmond & the surrounding counties have so much to offer an outdoor natural light photographer like me, so why am I not getting out more on my slow weekdays and seeing all we have to offer. Finding new locations, talking to new people, & learning more about the city I call home.

3. Hire a videographer for my Business' Future
I have been e-mailing back and forth with The Girl Tyler for some great new video pieces to use in 2015! Wahoo!!! Now to nail down the details and sign contracts!





What am I shooting in June?
* The McCorey Family
* Huffman & Allen Graduations
* The Longoria Generational
* Shannon's Bridals @ The Manor House
* Rebecca's Gender Reveal

What will I be reading in June?
* The Courage to be Profitable \ Ruth King
* Create Distinction \ Scott McKain
* Photography Business Secrets \ Lara White

My 1 Year Dream:
I want to have a office and sales room located outside my home in the local Hanover Area.







Thanks a ton for taking the time to read over my goals and helping me to stay on track!





No comments:

Post a Comment