Monday, August 19, 2013

Erin's Senior Portraits // Fredericksburg Senior Photographer

It's really true you never know where your next client will come from. If you follow me on Facebook you know I love to post all then places I find new potential clients. Like the framing department at Hobby Lobby, or my sales guy at Ford. I love talking about my work to new people and usually I walk away with a few less business cards along with a new possible client! But Erin's mom found me on a site called Tumbtrack.com I have to be honest I have not used this site very much but I did sign up for the service years ago when I was just starting in photography. Back in June after a few hours of back and forth emails Julie (Erin's Mom) booked a Senior Session with me for August in Fredericksburg!

Score my first session in Fredericksburg, Va a little big town that I fell in love with a while back. T be honest I think I have asked my hubby to move there at least once a year since we started dating. (6 years ago) 

Back in June we had talked about an urban feel, along with a softball field, & wild flowers. Awesome I am sure that can be done! So we left to location open then giving me time to explore Fredericksburg a little more and find the perfect spot. Now lets fast forward to August two weeks before our session together I planned a full day out to "GET LOST" in the burg and find location gold! 

I DID! 



So this location is a the cutest back ally of 4 totally different buildings. GOLD I tell you. Super thanks to Rachel Brenke (Rachel Brenke Photography) for hosting her workshop last summer in this location and showing me all the beautiful magic it has to offer. Note the water on the ground please, I promise I am telling a story here.

EMBARRASSING MOMENT #1:

So there is a strings bang set up right around the corner from this image, when we were walking though the courtyard to this ally I tripped over a power cord that sent my bag flying and me straight to the ground. Yep! Sure did land right on my face in front of 30 people including my new client & her mom! 









Wow I still after a week of working with these images can't get enough of them! What a beautiful model for the perfect back ally in Fredericksburg. So the next setting Erin wanted for her senior portraits was a softball field. Done! I found the Mary Washington Fields just a few blocks down from our back ally setting, so of course we had to use it...




Who says you need access to the green of a field for a great softball image? We weren't at the field long which worked out to our favor because a large somewhat strong storm was. Quickly working its way into our area... No bother, we hoped in the car and hurried to our last setting...


Now I know I said in the earlier part of this blog post that Erin requested wild flowers, but lets be honest don't most senior portraits end in some kind of flower? I didn't want Erin's or Julie's senior experience to be anything like her friends, I wanted to make sure Erin knew she made the right choice to work with me over a large name studio or the one her school provided. 

Here's how it happened... I was driving around Fredericksburg for at ,east 4 hours getting lost, grabbing lunch, and finding so many awesome locations up there. And yes I did come across a beautiful farm & wildflower field but due to a crazy professional fee after a little googling I saw that lots of senior portraits were taken in the field, I pitched an idea that I thought would be shot down right away. "I want to end your session in the river!" Not I wasn't yelling but I was so excited and nervous all in the same moment. & if you have ever felt that way you know it's super scary! 


Erin & Julie jumped at the idea! They loved it and I was so super excited. 





That's right fans she got right into the water... After changing outfits under 3 umbrellas in rain so hard you wouldn't see your figures in front of you. Then "move like this" "sit there" "lay there" "your hair" "you look amazing!" That was it all was said and done.

I am so great full that Erin & Julie called me and gave me the chance to capture their once in a lifetime memories! 




























No comments:

Post a Comment