Friday, August 23, 2013

The Twins Are Almost Here! // Hanover Maternity Photographer

Ashleigh and Ryan are expecting 2 bouncing boys any day now! I am so super excited to watch and share in my clients expecting joy. I remember when Ashleigh would call and tell me of the possible pregnancy that they had been trying for, then the photo text of a double pink line!!! I will say I get these messages a few times a year and each time I react the same way I did when I got my very own double pink lines... Jumping up and down, screaming in joy, and even crying tears of joy! That's right I am such a messy sap when babies are in the picture!

Then the photo text of TWO babies came my way, I was so not ready for that one! The jumping, screaming, and almost crying came right back again! And in the last 28 weeks since that message I have been getting regular babies updates, along with attending and documenting the gender reveal of BOYS! 

Now as Ashleigh and the sweet guys have safely made it to 34 weeks we could have the joy of meeting them at any moment, and I couldn't be more excited!!!! (I have quickly become an Aunty Erica to Ashliegh's little girls and soon Mason & Cash as well!) about 3 weeks ago we took the whole family out to the park and documented this beautiful time as Ashleigh's pregnancy comes to an end.











So when Ashleigh and I were talking about this session she really wanted a sunflower field to have the session in. Great idea! I had recently come across a field in Fredericksburg that I planned to take her and the family too. On Friday I called to confirm my reservation at the farm and was broken the sad news, the farmer had plowed down all the sunflowers earlier that day to replant a new batch. The new batch would not be ready until October! Ekk this is not good, but being a natural light photographer it can happen from time to time and you must be ready with a back up plan which I had it just wasn't sunflowers. 

At 4:38pm I quickly loaded Julian up in the car and rolled out to a local wild flower field that might be just as beautiful, but this late in the season it was no luck. The flowers had become over grown with weeds and grass :(  from there Julian and I road every back road we could find for 4 hours looking for a patch of sunflowers I could use. In our 4 hour trip I did find 3 patches of Sunflowers, the first was way to short, baby sunflowers which just would not work. The second were large and alive, but the owner did not want a profession session photographed on their property, understandable. Then the third was way past its life span, dropping and dull yellow just would not work for the beauty of life thatAshleigh  was caring. So we fell to my emergency game plan! 

Not to worry though I am planning to photograph Ashleigh and Ryan's first first full family photos in those Sunflowers come this October! 














No comments:

Post a Comment