Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Getting a real future \\ Grabbing goals

I have never been the one to say my end goal out load, I  think if I say it out load or if someone else knows what I am working for it might not come true. Well no more ladies and gentlemen, It has recently come to my attention that if I want to achieve this goal I will need to make it known.

GOAL: By my 30th birthday (9.23.18) I will have earned enough profit from Hildebrandt Photography to have a custom replication of Eleanor built just for me.


Yes, I am saying that my master goal for the next 5 years is to grow Hildebrandt Photography to a happy and healthy successful business that will allow me to take $x amount of my net profits (that go in my pocket, and after all my other business goals are met) and put them aside for my dream car.

Where did this come from?
 I have always been one of those car girls, I can call your BS on any guy when it comes to whats under the hood of an American made car. My dad would tell you, "In high school there was a mechanical aptitude test given, mind you her (me) cousin was in the class and his father owned a successful mechanic shop. But the teacher came in asked if anyone could guess who got the highest score and 3 hands went up. All 3 answered with "Erica" When asked Why Erica? answers like " because her dad loves cars" or "because she knows about the 1/2 stang" were given. Now I don't remember this test, really I don't i guess it could have been given but I am chalking it up to my dad is old lol.

Last week I was watching some TV with my dad on a nasty rainy afternoon, which one of out favorite shows to watch together is the Live Mecum Car Auction.


Well Eleanor came across the auction block for sale! 1967 Ford Mustang used in the 2000 reproduction of Gone in 60 Seconds - Eleanor! 






Thanks to Mecum Auctions for all the photos.

I was so super excited, and sad all at the same time. I mean tears came to my eyes when I saw the first bid come across the block. Woow slow down Erica it is just a car, Not its beautiful by perfection.

I would have thought that I would never be in the right place to plan ahead and be able to own let alone build my very own. But then it hit me why can't I? I would I not be able to have this? 

So....


How will I make this goal happen?

First I have set a consultation appointment with a local Financial Planner, we will go over my current books, what my business will need in the next 5 years, what that will cost my business, then what I will need to make and save for the next 5 years to reach this goal.

I have an idea of what I will need to do but mow it is time to make it real and put it down on paper. Once its on paper its real it's set and I will make it happen!


Thanks a ton for listening to my personal ramblings and learning a little more about me.





No comments:

Post a Comment